You can register for any walk, cycle, kayak and other events in the registration area by following the 'register' links below.
Please be aware that you participate in these walks at your own risk. The ECHO Walking Festival Committee has safety measures and risk management procedures in place.
» Tuhua/Mayor Island Walk - FULLY BOOKED (9 Apr)
» Uplands Road to Poupou Stream (16 Apr)
» Sentinel Rock Walk (19 Apr)
» Bird Walk Photography walk (20 Apr)
- » Tuahu Kauri Loop (21 Apr)
» Lindemann Loop Track (22 Apr)
» Over the top - Tuahu Track East to West (11 Apr)
- » Night Time in the Bush (19 Apr)
- » Waiorongomai Wander (20 Apr)
- » Tui Domain track waterfall walk (22 Apr)
- » Pinnacles Walk (9 Apr)
- » McBinns Stream Track (16 Apr)
» Historic Shortland Wharf & historic sites walk (24 Apr)
- » Waihi Cemetery Walk - Mayors and Councillors (10 Apr)
- » Duncan's Dairy Farm Walk (11 Apr)
- » Daly's Clearing Hut Loop (12 Apr)
» Owharoa Falls Heritage Bike and Train Ride (13 Apr)
- » Mount Karangahake Summit Walk (14 Apr)
- » Kauri Walk to Dickey Flat (17 Apr)
» A walk through Martha mine pit fence (26 Apr)
» Waihi Beach North End Mining History (10 Apr)
» Papakura Bay Shipwreck (16 Apr)
- » Orokawa Trig Walk (18 Apr)
- » Butlers Track (20 Apr)
- » The Discovery Mine and Short Loop Track (21 Apr)
- » Dubbo 96 Track Loop Walk (23 Apr)
- » Wires Track Loop (25 Apr)
- » Waihi Beach Trig Glowworm Walk (26 Apr)
Health and Safety and COVID-19
For your health and safety please:
- Wear suitable shoes/boots and clothing.
- Register for all walks at least three days prior to the walk and declare any medical conditions/medication when you register.
- Bring your own wet weather gear.
- Bring a water bottle, snack food, and any medication needed for all walks. For longer walks, please be prepared to bring lunch, a first aid kit and a torch.
- Stay with the group and follow any instructions given by your walk leader.
IMPORTANT - THE ECHO WALKING FESTIVAL REQUIRES ALL PARTICIPANTS TO SHOW THEIR 'MY VACCINE PASS'
By registering for the Echo Walking Festival you will have to agree to the New Zealand Government COVID-19 Protection Framework regarding events, mass gatherings, and the use of vaccine certificates, if any are required by law. Because of the safety need to stay together as a group, social distancing is often difficult or impossible on our walks. The event organisers require proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of participation in the ECHO Walking Festival. This includes our coordinators, guides, and volunteers.