About the ECHO Walking Festival
28 March - 19 April 2020
Kicking off in 2003, the ECHO Walking Festival is organised by town promoters and Sport Waikato District Coordinators in the participating towns and districts.
ECHO Walking Festival Objectives:
Our goals are:
- To enable local residents to take part in walks in their local parks and reserves.
- To highlight the benefits of regular exercise.
- To increase awareness and use of local parks and reserves.
- To promote local tourism
Through the Festival, we want to encourage all New Zealanders to enjoy the beautiful outdoors, to appreciate the attractions of our region, and to keep fit and active.
You must book any walk/cycle that you wish to participate in.
Health and Safety
For your health and safety please:
- Wear suitable shoes/boots and clothing.
- Register for all walks at least three days prior to the walk and declare any medical conditions/medication when you register.
- Bring your own wet weather gear.
- Bring a water bottle, snack food and any medication needed for all walks. For longer walks, please be prepared to bring lunch, first aid kit and torch.
- Stay with the group and follow any instructions given by your walk leader.