Walks with unconfirmed dates
These are upcoming events that (for now) have no confirmed dates. As soon as the dates are confirmed, these events will appear on our calendar.
Katikati Maori History Walk
Join us for a walk around the newly formed Katikati Beach Road walkway and learn some fascinating insights and anecdotes about our Maori history and areas of significance, from Te Rereatukahia marae’s Chris Jacobs, including a walk over to their Urupa (burial ground) on Tutaetaka Island and the tikanga (customs) around this. This will include a traditional powhiri onto the island. Come away with a broader knowledge about the history of our area before the Irish settlers arrived.
Photo is of Tutaetaka Island.
Health and Safety
For your health and safety please:
- Wear suitable shoes/boots and clothing.
- Register for all walks at least three days prior to the walk and declare any medical conditions/medication when you register.
- Bring your own wet weather gear.
- Bring a water bottle, snack food and any medication needed for all walks. For longer walks, please be prepared to bring lunch, first aid kit and torch.
- Stay with the group and follow any instructions given by your walk leader.